Student and Resident Financial Services
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
12-109 Center for Health Sciences
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7020
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
Telephone Number: (310) 825-4181
Fax Number: (310) 794-1629
The mission of the Office of Student and Resident Financial Services is to help medical students and residents navigate the financial aid process by providing information, counseling, and resources. The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA offers scholarships, grants, and loans to assist in making a medical education affordable for a broad range of students. We are also committed to offering students and residents the opportunity to further their personal financial knowledge through financial literacy and debt management seminars. We are dedicated to providing high-quality service in a sensitive, confidential, and equitable manner.
Financial Aid Basics - 2012 Orientation - download our powerpoint
- AAMC Financial Literacy 101
- Medical Graduates Average Student Indebtedness- comparison chart
DGSOM Direct Loan Guide - info on Subsidized & Unsubsidized Direct Loans
DGSOM Loan Chart - for medical student loans at-a-glance
- Tips on writing a SOM scholarship thank-you letter
This free on-line resource, for all med students, will allow you to:
- Organize, manage and save your student loan information in one secure location
View and explore loan repyament options in order to plan for repayment after graduation
- Create your own unique repayment scenarios based on your personal loan portfolio and future residency/fellowship training period
- Access the organizer and calculator 24/7
- Sign in to the AAMC website and get started today!
Thank you for visiting our website.
We are interested in your comments and suggestions.