ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ELECTIVES AT THE UCLA MEDICAL CENTER
- RONALD REAGAN UCLA MEDICAL CENTER (RRUCLAMC)
- CENTER FOR HEALTH SCIENCES (CHS)
- RESNICK NEUROPSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
- SEMEL INSTITUTE
- JULES STEIN EYE INSTITUTE (JSEI)
- UCLA MEDICAL PLAZA
- SANTA MONICA-UCLA MEDICAL CENTER (SM-UCLA)
MANDATORY COMPUTER ACCESS REQUEST: For access to computerized patient information systems, send the following form in with your application packet (http://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/visitingstudents/mits.pdf). Failure to do so will result in not having access for your elective. Please enter all the requested information directly into the form before printing
MANDATORY HIPAA PRIVACY AND INFORMATION SECURITY TRAINING : All visiting students who will be rotating at UCLA Medical Centers must complete the training found here before your elective begins and submit your Certificate of Completion with your application packet.
Please follow these steps:
- Go to http://hr.uclahealth.org/body.cfm?id=195
- Click to begin the training
- Watch the video
- Go through reading material (130 slides)
- Take and pass the Quiz (10 questions)
- Upon completion of the quiz, click the link that says “If you need a temporary ID please click here.”
- Enter your information and click ‘Add’
- Confirm your information is correct
- Click to Submit until you get the Certificate
- Submit your Certificate of Completion with your application packet..
CareConnect Access and Training: For most electives at the UCLA Medical Centers listed above, you will need to take the CareConnect training class on the first day of your elective. Login and training information will be sent to you via email before your elective begins.
Universal Precautions & Exposure Hotline: Exposure Hotline 24-hour Information: 1 (800) 925-4698. For more information, please go here: http://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/visitingstudents/BloodBornePathogens.pdf
Lockers: Due to space limitations, there are no lockers available to visiting students while on rotation at UCLA. Students are advised to bring only what is required with them to the hospital.
Pagers: Pagers are only available to visiting students in certain departments. Please check with the department coordinator for availability.
Parking: We regret that students approved for courses at UCLA do not have parking privileges unless the department to which you are assigned is able to make arrangements for you. Please be advised that parking at CHS is $11 per day.
Bruincard ID Badge: You will get your ID badge on the first day of the elective from your elective student coordinator, or in the Student Affairs Office (12-159 CHS).
Housing: Unfortunately we do not have access to university housing for visiting students. You can try the links on the application web site for possible options.